Lagerlof, LLP’s Elder Law team is dedicated to working with seniors and their family members in all stages of life.
- Obtained comprehensive elder abuse restraining orders to protect senior clients from unwanted house guests, intrusive neighbors, and financially abusing children.
- Established conservatorships for individuals whose difficult situations and potentially dangerous medical conditions require court intervention and close supervision.
- Supervised the transition of responsibilities from seniors to their children and other fiduciaries with updated trust and other estate planning documents.
- Obtained Medi-Cal long term care program coverage for seniors with exempt assets.
- Created irrevocable gift trusts for passing appreciating assets to the next generation.
- Administered complex trusts and estates involving multiple generation gifts, charitable bequests and estate and gift tax liabilities.
- Successfully resolved family disputes over senior financial and health care issues with patient communication and creative problem-solving.
- Purchased and administered real property in Mexico for clients under US conservatorship.
Lagerlof, LLP is the largest firm in Pasadena. With 113 years of experience satisfying clients, we are leading the market in strategic support. We are a team of trusted legal advisors on a mission to provide every client with clarity and understanding to succeed in a complex world. Lagerlof, LLP stands for innovation tempered with practicality, for thoroughness countered with common sense, and above all else, for impeccable integrity.