Lagerlof, LLP’s employment law team serves employers by advising on “best practices” under applicable employment laws.
- Defended Fortune 500 company in 6 week federal court jury trial against wage and hour claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Defended publicly traded company in wrongful termination/retaliation lawsuit and government investigation related to allegations of the unlawful killings of protected species.
- Successfully handled employment discrimination cases.
- Obtained a defense verdict in insurance bad faith trial in Los Angeles Superior Court; affirmed on appeal.
- Represented insurance company in bad faith matter stemming from an underlying eight-figure wrongful death action.
- Obtained multi-million dollar award (plus a seven figure attorneys’ fees award) in an international arbitration based on the improper termination of an international distribution contract.