Lagerlof, LLP’s Elder Law team is dedicated to working with seniors and their family members in all stages of life.
- Obtained comprehensive elder abuse restraining orders to protect senior clients from unwanted house guests, intrusive neighbors, and financially abusing children.
- Established conservatorships for individuals whose difficult situations and potentially dangerous medical conditions require court intervention and close supervision.
- Supervised the transition of responsibilities from seniors to their children and other fiduciaries with updated trust and other estate planning documents.
- Obtained Medi-Cal long term care program coverage for seniors with exempt assets.
- Created irrevocable gift trusts for passing appreciating assets to the next generation.
- Administered complex trusts and estates involving multiple generation gifts, charitable bequests and estate and gift tax liabilities.
- Successfully resolved family disputes over senior financial and health care issues with patient communication and creative problem-solving.
- Purchased and administered real property in Mexico for clients under US conservatorship.